The JIS Z2801 method is quantitative test method to determine the antimicrobial efficacy and activity of hard surfaces of Plastics, Metals, Glass, ceramic, rubber, silicone and other non absorbent materials.. The test has been used for other plain hard surfaces like glass, paint/lacquers/coating, polymeric materials etc
- In the JIS Z2801, a suspension of overnight grown bacterial cultures is calibrated to required cell concentration.
- Test sample plaques (treated) and controls (untreated) are inoculated with the bacterial culture and covered with thin sterile film.
- The inoculated samples are incubated for specified time period ranging from 1 h to 24h (depending on client requirement and product application) at 37°C and high RH.
- Using a neutralizing medium the cultures are eluted from the samples.
- The microbial population of this eluted solution is determined by standard microbiology techniques.
- Reduction of microorganisms relative to initial concentrations and control surfaces is calculated as log reduction.
The JIS Z2801 is a one of most preferred method for plain hard surface antimicrobial testing because of its reproducibility. It tests for bacteriostatic and bactericidal properties. The method is performed in triplicate sets which aid researchers to estimate the precision of individual tests and focus on better accuracy. The method also includes a “pass/fail” criterion for the calculated level of antimicrobial activity.
In addition to the two bacterial cultures S aureus and E coli recommended in the method, we also undertake the test with other bacteria as per specific requirement of the test material and client.
TAT: 8-10 working days.
For a Quote or any clarification, Contact Us now!